Another sleeping in the run question

Huh, I never thought it would be too dark inside. šŸ¤” I'll keep that in mind if they decide to stay out again. Thanks!
It's always darker in than out especially in the country where there are no street lights.
They cannot see to get onto the roost in the coop. Have you ever gone from a light room to a dark one? you cannot see a thing until your eyes adjust they would rather not go in whilst its lighter outside.

I bought a coop 10 years ago with a small window and made an extension with a huge hwc opening/ window they prefer to spend the night. The old coop is mainly in use for the nestboxes now.

Just looking at the behaviour of chickens itā€™s very obvious they prefer the light and airy extension to roost. It made me wonder why all over the world a lot of people build dark coops with just tiny windows or without windows at all?

Just looking at the behaviour of chickens itā€™s very obvious they prefer the light and airy extension to roost. It made me wonder why all over the world a lot of people build dark coops with just tiny windows or without windows at all?

Probably because we anthropomorphize our animals and think that they need the same conditions to be comfortable as we do. :)

Back
Top Bottom