Another what breed is this hen???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by newTexan2chickens, Jun 16, 2010.

1. newTexan2chickens

newTexan2chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    These chickens came from the same lady as the grey and black puffy headed chickens. Again they are supposed to be about 12 weeks give or take. You can see the grey in one of the pictures.... any ideas?[​IMG][​IMG]

2. thechickenguy

thechickenguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    woodsfield ohio 43793
    Quote:not to sur on tht one.cood be a mix.?? :)
    thechickenguy.

3. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    She is marked like an EE, and considering she came from a flock with them, I would say that is what she is. Don't be fooled because she doesn't have a muff and green legs, they don't have to have all the same since they are a mutt variety anyway, they just have the common ancestors of Ameraucanas or Araucanas in their bloodline, in case you didn't know that already.
    She is pretty and will probably lay a tinted egg.

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Wow, she's pretty big! Sort of reminds me of an EE, and also a Welsummer....maybe a combo of the two....?

5. newTexan2chickens

newTexan2chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Thanks for the replies... she did have an EE I think because she mentioned tinted eggs.... Any ideas on the grey puffy headed hen? She is really pretty and that is one of the real reasons that I got her. She is also super friendly!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by