Anther malpositioned egg :( what have I done wrong!!

JHducks3

Chirping
6 Years
May 8, 2013
Basically one of my duck eggs cracked at the wrong end this morning and I had to pull make the outa membrane. I've just disscovered anther malpositioned egg!!!!! When should I help this one? I feel awful it's all my fault :/ knew I shouldn't of hatched eggs I could tell from the start it was all gonna go wrong ! :( what should I do!?

And one egg that hatch at the right end I can see the tip of its beak popping out but the egg isn't moving or peeping is he dead? :(

Yer they are shipped :( I am literally in tears now the first time I've cried in like two years !! Honestly hate myself for letting this happen to these eggs poor things :(

hi
even nature lets us down. i had 6 eggs under a broody, they weren't even shipped. 3 were left at day 18 and of those, one internally pipped but didn't externally pip and zip and died. the other two were killed by the mother at a few hours old.

shipped eggs are harder to hatch. i had 1/6 both times i hatched shipped eggs compared to 11/12 last year when i drove to pick them up.

hard to say what you should do. i did assist a chick last week and it is thriving.
hope some make it. how many eggs do you have?

I have 6 One cracked the shell this morning but at the wrong end so I just pulled back outa membrane so it could breathe. I'm doing the same now with the other one

Shipped eggs are much more of a challenge and often have air cell damage and the likes that causes chicks to get poorly positioned at hatch time. Its probably not even something you've done wrong so don't beat yourself up or let it discourage you from trying again. As it is, its not over yet! How did you incubate? temps, humidity... Did you keep the air cells up? Hand turned? Auto Turner?

Back
Top Bottom