anti-chicken neighbor

Handyhens

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 21, 2014
Kirkland, WA
my neighbor wants to get chickens,but her neighbor threaghtened to kill them, saying you need a rooster to get eggs, he is edgucated now, but still threagting to kill the chickens, and i see him flashing horrible looks at me ever seince my little brother told him we got chickens, i dont want him to kill the chooks, please help

I can not personally patrol your property for you.

Perhaps a trail cam could record anything bad that your neighbor does to your chickens.

I'd go with make friends with the neighbor route. Periodically give them a few eggs and send them a Birthday card.

They won't kill the chickens...if they do you are more than capable of suing. Be blunt. When somebody approaches you with a threat, you call their bluff. If this guy wants to act like a complete jackass and pay you his life savings because he wants to kill your chickens, so be it. Also, if the threats are bothersome (even if they are against the chickens) you should immediately file a police report. My father has been a cop for 28 years. When people would threaten dogs for being on property or whatnot, the owner would file a report, so if the dog went missing or was injured there would be immediately probable cause. I would certainly contact authorities and let them know you, and your property, have been threatened. Also, it isn't your fault. He threw off the neighborhood chemistry first.

As long as the chickens remain on your property, I would not worry about it. If he starts threatening you - I would call the police and file a report.

Put up a game camera up and point it in the direction of your coop, just in case. I would imagine that in most places it would be highly illegal for him to come on your property and kill the chickens. However, if they leave your yard and go into his yard, then they are fair game.

Make sure that you do whatever you can to make sure they stay on your property!

Back
Top Bottom