Antibiotic Recommendations

enggass

Crowing
13 Years
Mar 8, 2010
Mid-Coast Maine
Ok. I have decided to give my girly some Antibiotics. I called my local Feed store and they have in powder form:
Tetracycline
Terramycin 10
& Oxi-Tricycline(sp?)

I am also considering a Multi Vitamin for her water.
What can you all recommend?

Symptoms:
Some nasal discharge
Cloudy Pupils/Partial Blindness
Lethargy

Still eating and drinking, but separated form the others for now. Poop is fine.
Thanks.

If I put an antibiotic in her water, can I put some vitamins in the same water as well?
Are any of the Antibiotics I mentioned any good? I am a newbie to chicken doctoring.

THey are all the same drug- Tetracycline. I would put some Terramycin ointment in her eyes as well as what that other person said. (Duramycin is also the same drug, Tylan is different).
wink.png

What about mixing Vitamins in her water with the Antibiotic? Would this be ok?
ALSO: Would a Triple Antibiotic Cream from Rite Aid be the same as using Terramycin?
Contains:
NEOMYCIN/BACITRACIN/POLYMYXIN

Last edited:
Tetracycline isn't going to do any good for a respiratory illness, which is what you are seeing the symptoms of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
What are my options for a respiratory illness? My FEED store has limited options so as many as you could list would help.--So I know what to look for...
Duramycin? Agrimycin?

Last edited:
Those are both Tetracyclines, so no. Tylan would be good. You can buy it online. Yes you can mix vitamins in w/the antibiotic. Go online and look for Tylan 50 injectable. Triple antibiotic (BNP like you asked about) can't hurt. Good stuff.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom