Antibiotics for chickens - suggestions?

I'm kinda new to the chicken community, but I know with children antibiotics are not a "cure all". My rooster has vomited and then immediately went back to eating so I figured that he just choked. But just now I realized he has diarrhea, so would you recommend antibiotics or just electrolytes. Otherwise he's acting perfectly normal.

I'm kinda new to the chicken community, but I know with children antibiotics are not a "cure all". My rooster has vomited and then immediately went back to eating so I figured that he just choked. But just now I realized he has diarrhea, so would you recommend antibiotics or just electrolytes. Otherwise he's acting perfectly normal.
Welcome to BYC!

I would worm him with something like Safeguard or Valbazen before I tried antibiotics.

-Kathy

My chicken hasn't layed an egg in several weeks. Has hot to the touch of his bottom end. And loose yellowish drainage. I think has a bacterial infection from egg yoke not making an egg. I'm new to chickens so need some help. I have Metronidazole 250 mg. Which is Flagel. What would the dose be and how do I administer it?

I did today and a ton of fluids shot out of her! Then I tried again and felt something but it didn't feel like an egg. Kind of softish. But I'm new to this.:>(

Still no egg. But she's trying.:>(

Back
Top Bottom