Antibiotics not helping

KaraLs1

In the Brooder
Aug 19, 2021
I have a rooster, I took him to the state vet a year ago and got a printout of his issues and saw when he flares up doxy will treat. So I gave him doxy in his water and zero improvement. The good vet that was at state is no longer there and I do not have a good bird vet. Thoughts. I love this guy

What was his diagnosis last year, and what were his symptoms recently to want to use the antibiotic? Viruses do not respond to antibiotics. If using doxycycline in the water for something like MG (mycoplasma), it may be hard to determine if the chicken was getting the right dosage. I usually recommend giving the dosage orally directly into the beak twice a day.

What was his diagnosis last year, and what were his symptoms recently to want to use the antibiotic? Viruses do not respond to antibiotics. If using doxycycline in the water for something like MG (mycoplasma), it may be hard to determine if the chicken was getting the right dosage. I usually recommend giving the dosage orally directly into the beak twice a day.
He had mycroplasma and coryza. I have a print out and it said oxytetricycline would treat but that didn’t help at all. He’s getting doxy and I started giving it orally but no difference. He sneezes and gurgles but then sometimes he sounds ok….

Sometimes he sounds like he won’t make it and 30 minutes later he is clear. But he starts sneezing a lot alot and gets gurgling and gasping

Back
Top Bottom