Antibiotics - use by date

cwrite

Songster
5 Years
Mar 12, 2014
Queensland, Australia
I bought terramycin spray & amprolium over the internet to have in case of emergencies. The terramycin spray expires in Feb 2015 & the amprolium expires in April 2015. I expected them to last a bit longer than that if unused. Did I receive old stock or is this the norm for these products?

I bought terramycin spray & amprolium over the internet to have in case of emergencies. The terramycin spray expires in Feb 2015 & the amprolium expires in April 2015. I expected them to last a bit longer than that if unused. Did I receive old stock or is this the norm for these products?
Most Rx for humans have exp dates of 2+ years from date of manufacture and would think veterinary meds would as well. But most do last longer than the listed dates although effectiveness declines.

Yes I think the items you bought were sitting on the shelf too long, and they saw a way to unload them. They will be pretty safe to use for a year after the expiration date. I would email the company and complain about this, though. You may or may not get replacements, but if you don't need them to use now, I would ask them if they would pay shipping for you to return them.

Back
Top Bottom