Antibodics and Eggs

Rebecca In Kansas

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 2, 2009
We had a few chickens that came down with some sneezing so we put some antibiotics in their water.

How long after treatment should we continue to toss the eggs?

Rebecca

Quote:
I'm a noobie but I have heard/read that it depends on the antibiotic. The label could quote a "withdrawal period", and if it does, that's the minimum time you want to wait before eating the eggs. If not, then perhaps you could tell us which antibiotic you used, maybe someone else on here knows about that specific one...
hu.gif

The label should give you the information you need - I know it can be tedious reading all the small print, but it usually contains everything you need to know especially where poultry are concerned. I find the farm extension office really helpful when it comes to care and treatment of diseases and pests - if you do not know which web site to use - try http://ohioline.osu.edu - this is for the Ohio State University Extension program; they have an extensive list of problem solving information available to use as reference, or print out if you wish to keep a hard copy handy for future reference. You do not have to live in Ohio to use the web site! Good luck, hope your flock feels better soon!

Back
Top Bottom