Antique Incubator

Did you buy it? And how does it look?
pop.gif

Well I went and checked out the incubator. The incubator itself was really nice. The legs for it were in very poor condition though (they were off and have been for 40+ years). They were very rotten and probably wouldn't support the weight of the incubator. It was a lot bigger than I thought also. It was about twice the size of a child's crib...so where I was going to put it just went out the window. In short I turned it down.....don't lynch me, I didn't know where to put it or have the time/experience to fix the legs. I'm glad I saw it. It was really neat. It looked to have all its parts. A kerosene lantern on the side warmed a tube of water which flows into the top of the unit once it cooled it returned to the lantern through a lower tube. All done by the power of a lantern. No idea if it worked but I hope it goes to the right person who will fix it up. The last patent on it stated "other patents pending 1900" so I'm guessing it is from 1900-1910ish.

I don't suppose you took your camera? It would be interesting to see some better shots of it. I suppose you probably wouldn't have taken a camera, just a thought.
smile.png

Here's a modern kerosene lantern one, much smaller, different style etc etc, but still interesting. The link's been posted here before but it's interesting! LOL

344462.jpg

And here's the link to the web site it's on: http://www.lehmans.com/store/Tools_..._Powered_Chicken_Egg_Incubator___344462?Args=

Last edited:
Interesting. That one is very similar. The kerosene lamp on the one I saw was part of the heating system. The chimney was metal and surround by a wall of water. The intake tub and out flow tubes were on the sides but overall they are very similar.

Back
Top Bottom