Ants in my incubators??!!

Chickengirl1304

Songster
7 Years
May 5, 2012
California
How do I get rid of them without killing the eggs?! Theyre in the bottom not On the eggs at all. Vinegar? Dish soap water? I always clean my incubators with solution and scrub the hell out of them. I've never had ants in them before.

Last edited:
I have ants in my house. I saw 1 or 2 crawling on my incubator. I put ant bait by the wall where I saw them. don't do anything different to your incubator. they will go to the bait and die in the ant nest.

\

Hi

We have several species of ants that are a contant issue whith anything left out.I did not have an issue during incubation but was worried about lockdown.

So....................

This is a simple way of protecting the bators.

Ants hate water. Place 4 bowls (do not have to be party colors) on the counter and pit an inch of water in them. Invert a glass in each and place bator on top.

Stand incubator on top of inverted glasses. You now have four moats and no ants.

\

Hi

We have several species of ants that are a contant issue whith anything left out.I did not have an issue during incubation but was worried about lockdown.

So....................

Ants hate water. Place 4 bowls (do not have to be party colors) on the counter and pit an inch of water in them. Invert a glass in each and place bator on top.

Stand incubator on top of inverted glasses. You now have four moats and no ants.

Unfortunately, the ants here do like water.
barnie.gif
I'd end up having to do a similar set up, but with salt instead of water.

\

Hi

So....................

Great idea! Big question here - how do I get rid of the ones inside the bator? Mine has holes in the styrofoam and a plastic cover. Last time I tried blasting them with water, but it didn't do much! Now they are back again. I used ant bait around the bator last time, and it was partially successfull.

Back
Top Bottom