Any advice on chickens picking each other's butts

I don't know. I'm just learning about nutritional and mineral requirements of chickens, myself. I can only say to this ^^^ question, that canola oil and carmelina meal both provide amino acids.
For you or anyone who wants to dig deeper, I found this pretty handy tool for looking up the nutritional and mineral content of many kinds of grains and other feed ingredients - and it's customizable to create a table that includes the kinds of ingredients you want to use:
https://www.feedtables.com/
Maybe both?

Maybe both?
Before you make any changes to the feed, I think you might want to call the company and talk to their experts who put together the ingredients and their proportions, and why. Or get into contact with your local government entity for agriculture feeds. In the US, I can call my state Ag department and get in touch with a poultry expert, or my county university extension agent, who'll get me to their livestock feed experts.

I just think it's risky to replace one ingredient with another, unless you know all the nutritional content of both - so that you don't unknowingly eliminate something important that you didn't even know was in there. Like riboflavin, or folic acid, or lysine and so on.

Before you make any changes to the feed, I think you might want to call the company and talk to their experts who put together the ingredients and their proportions, and why. Or get into contact with your local government entity for agriculture feeds. In the US, I can call my state Ag department and get in touch with a poultry expert, or my county university extension agent, who'll get me to their livestock feed experts.

I just think it's risky to replace one ingredient with another, unless you know all the nutritional content of both - so that you don't unknowingly eliminate something important that you didn't even know was in there. Like riboflavin, or folic acid, or lysine and so on.
No, what I meant was put both alfalfa pellets and have canola oil in there, so they have both.

Is the canola oil necessary?
The camelina meal is a substitute for canola oil.

I was going to ask them to remove it and add alfalfa pellets instead, as alfalfa is a good source of protein.
Hard to tell if you really need more protein.
The ingredient list is interesting but not sure how that equated into nutrient percentages.

@U_Stormcrow can you compute?
All right, here.
Rolled wheat, 31.7 %
Rolled oats, 13.5%
Loose salt, .3%
Vitamin premix ADE, .5 %
Limestone, 2.5 %
Oyster shell, 3 %
Sea weed, 2.5 %
Canola oil, 2%
Camelina meal, 10 %
Rolled peas, 30 %
Hay meal, 4 %

The ingredient list is interesting but not sure how that equated into nutrient percentages.

I just copied it from my phone.

Ill have to load some of those ingredients into my spreadsheet. Will be this weekend, I'm booked till then

it's still the weekend....

Without correcting for water content, which should reduce these figures about 10%, you are looking at around 17.3% avg protein (I used soft wheat and kelp meal - Rockweed meal would reduce this, Hard wheat would improve it). About 7% fiber (high, but not concerning), 5.1% fat (I can''t compute mKe, don't have numbers for all these ingredients, but that's likely in the acceptable rancge) After adjusting for water content, you are sub 16% protein.

Your Met levels (pre or post adjustment) are low, just 0.25 dry mater. Lysine is good, threonine acceptable, tryptophan borderline bad.

and I'm thinking I will complete rebuild my spreadsheet on of these days using feed tables and their "as fed" column,

Back
Top Bottom