Any advice. Put crayons in dryer with jacket by mistake.

Jennyhaschicks

Songster
11 Years
May 3, 2008
Maine
I washed dd's jacket. A very expensive winter jacket might I add.
he.gif
She failed to take her crayons out of her pocket and I didn't check before I washed this. (she is 7 btw). It was fine through the washer, but the dryer did a number on it.
I put it through a hot water wash and it took some of the crayon out of the fabric. I was hoping somebody might have advice on how to handle this?? Any tips on what I can use to take the crayon out of the fabric?

ICE...put ice on the wax spots and make it brittle so you can crack it off...

and then stain remover for the stain left....most crayons are pretty forgiving when it comes to staining...good luck it may take a few treatments

Been there done that. I even did the kiddy lipstick in the washer and it was a MESS!!! Back a few years ago when I washed the crayons I found a crayon stain remover bottle at Wal-Mart. You could check there. It worked, but one piece of clothing I had to wash a couple of times since it was so badly marked up.

Good Luck!

after you peel off the larger chunks of crayons, can you take a paper bag and iron and try and get more out....
I remember my mom doing that when I got melted crayon on something....The paper bag helps soak up the greasey gunk from the crayon....

Quote:
I think I am going to retire that jacket. It's a mess. Small blotches of crayon everywhere. I can't iron it because it's nylon on the outer shell.

barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom