hugs.gif
He was gorgeous.

Aussie

Always loyal
uses time playing with her Goat
see's me and come running
see's strangers and is wary
is the best friend ever
everyone who owns one agrees that they are the best!!

I am on my 3rd Aussie. As long as I can own a dog. I will have an Aussie. I have owned many dogs but an Aussie has truly been the best choice for me. Hope that you get your new best friend soon!

I have an Aussie X Border Collie mix and she is my first Aussie. I love her so much, she's energetic, playful, loyal and loves to go hiking with me and running next to me on bike rides but she is shy around new people and it takes her a minute to warm up to them. She is great with dogs, and she is getting better with other small animals, cats, rabbits, etc. She doesn't try to hurt them but she wants to play with them and she doesn't realize that she will hurt them. I will always have an Aussie now, I've never had a dog that has been so loyal and will go anywhere with me.

I got my girl from Crossing Paths Rescue in Yardley, PA. The work with a rescue in Alabama that transports dogs up North. I don't know any breeders but if you search on Petfinder.com there are a lot of adoptable Aussies on there.

Here is my girl Lexie.
101_3543.jpg

This is Lexie at work with me.
DSC_0008-7.jpg

DSC_0005-6.jpg

Thank you all for sharing your stories . Hexe and Wizard are both like you wrote...................smart and protectiv. That's reason that I start looking for a puppy.
Hexe is helping me with the laundry..........her job is to collect Da's dirty socks and bring them to the washer. Wizard just learn to walk up the steps backwards
wink.png

I got one of my best pups from a friend of a friend that lives in Georgia but it was YEARS ago. I have also gotten a great one as an adult dog from Yahoo! classifieds. Once got a pup from a guy in Lakeland. She was BAD. I've gotten an adult dog from a Flyer ad, he was too aggressive. So, no help for you other than to say I LOVE them and overall as a breed think they are one of the best breeds you can get. However, like everything else it depends on breeding group and raising methods. I have worked with Labrador rescue groups and have 2 great dogs from them, but had to send another back, so a rescue group could be the way to go, too. Adult or teenaged dogs from rescue groups can be a good option because someone has spent significant time with the dog and can tell you more about it.

Good luck in your search.

This is Ashe.. she's Aussie and Heeler mix
AsheakaMolly2.jpg

the day we brought her home meeting some of the crew.. she was a little nervous.. but her previous owner had never really socialized her any.. now she is the little Queen of her kingdom (or at least the Princess).. and thinks it's her job to herd all the birds around
Asheodinandgrimm2.jpg

Maybe it's all of the ones I've been around, but I've been attacked (actually attacked, no warning bite) by 3 full-blooded Australian Shepherds.

I was attacked in the face (thank goodness for martial arts training..he didn't make contact with anything but my arm clunking the bottom of his jaw) by my own Aussie/heeler mix. It was during the few seconds he was being moved from his crate to a muzzle. We were seeing if medication would treat his partial complex and later grand mal seizures. The partial complex seizures did not stop with treatment, and affected a part of his brain where he exhibited wildly aggressive behavior with no warning. Epilepsy that displays in various ways is uncommonly high in some Aussie lines. There are more an more resources out there to help you identify which lines to buy from to have less of a chance of experiencing this. I'm not sure if that is why the quoted poster was attacked, but it is definitely something to consider. My dog was a good dog. He was loving and sweet, obedient and wiggly. It wasn't his fault that he would attack anything around him, but it still made him very dangerous.​

I love Australian Shepherds! I almost got one... She was the most adorable thing ever!

BTW: All the photos are beautiful! I love Australian Shepherds!

Back
Top Bottom