Any batches this week? (question)

I just loaded up a pile of Araucana eggs and about 2 doz silkie eggs for chick orders.
woot.gif
Looks like there will be lotsa peeps hatching in 3 weeks.
jumpy.gif

Jody

I got mine on e-Bay from okcarla! She is a FABULOUS seller!!! I HIGHLY recommend her!

Thanks for the reference..

Looks like lots of silkies also...​

Last edited:
There will be 42 eggs going into the incubator at the school tomorrow. The class is quite excited about it.

My mom called to tell me that she bought 8 more chicken eggs off ebay that she wants to put in my incubator and that they should come friday. I believe that she said they are called the Iowa Blue . The seller who is in texas told her that they were developed in 1900 in Decorah Iowa, which is right next to where I live, and actually would make sense because we have a hatchery in that town which relatives of mine own. Does anyone know anythign about this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Iowa-Blue-Chick...ryZ46532QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I found the seller she bought them from ^^.

Last edited:
Quote:
From Sand Hill Preservation Center
Iowa Blue: Gray penciled pattern, pale brown eggs, single comb. Please note that these are not a blue chicken. Developed near Decorah, Iowa in the early 1900's. The breed was in desperate need of new blood and I have been working for the past few years to introduce new blood. There is still a slight possibility of an off-type bird. Chick color will range from a warm cocoa brown to black to an occasional mottled one. This breed is a somewhat seasonal layer. They go in spurts. When not broody, we get lots of chicks and then all of a sudden they go broody and we get nothing. This breed is not yet listed in the APA Standard. They do not have yellow legs. They make a nice breed for someone who wants a good forager which will set on eggs.​

i am putting in about 24 - 32 eggs total for my first ever hatch!! i'm so excited. and so are my children. Some polish bantams and some silkies. Most of them are off of ebay from bluepolish (polish bantams) & 1234muki (bearded silkies in assorted colors) & some white silkie eggs from Lacy off of BYC.
So i am hoping with that ratio i will have something to show for it in about 3 weeks!

Today I just put some americaunas in the bator. The new incubators(genesis) has not arrived yet and so placed them in the lg with 4 therometers. I found i had two faulty therometers from the last two batches. I have all the eggs clustered in one area so I can get an accurate temp reading. I also have some replacement eggs coming from the last failed batch and a variety of eggs coming from another source. I have about 75 eggs coming and then I think I'm done for awhile with shipped eggs and will concentrate on my own for awhile since warm weather will be coming.

I got all my eggs of ebay . i started them two weeks ago tomorrow. so i should have some chicks friday next week. I'll have polish, cochins, silkies and frizzles and "Z" the mystery egg. They are both standard and banty sized.

Back
Top Bottom