Any California gardeners?

Pics

ShannonR

Crossing the Road
7 Years
Sep 17, 2015
I'm hoping there are a couple of somewhat local gardening friends here! To the California gardeners: What are you growing this year? What are your pest or disease problems? What are your gardening goals? I'm in the very northern part of the state and most of my expertise is anchored here, but I have knowledge on warmer and more humid growing regions too.
I can offer advice on most common garden crops and culinary herbs. Let's fix those horticultural woes, and share pictures of our beautiful gardens.
Pics of my own gardening efforts coming soon!

Some pics from this morning while I was dusting the curcubits for bugs

Attachments

• 20200529_063202.jpg
    20200529_063202.jpg
    615.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200529_063223.jpg
    20200529_063223.jpg
    706.6 KB · Views: 7
I’m in CA and growing EVERYTHING exept peppers and cold weather crops throigh the summer, even jicama and sweet potatoe.
That's so impressive! A huge variety of garden goodies is really fun to grow. And fun to find recipes for as well. What part of California are you in? Any reason you don't grow peppers?

I’ve never had bugs on my cucerbita, heard of it though....
I get squash bugs and aphids. So far I have the squash bugs under control this year, not so much with the aphids. I dust with diatomaceous earth once or twice a week. Problem is, it really reduces the pollinator population too. So I hand pollinate the squash

Back
Top Bottom