any candy recipes

I have many more, it's just finding the time to sit and type them up! I will though. I promise!
smile.png

By the way, have you tried any of the fudge recipes I posted yet? They are sooooo yummy!
tongue.png

Last edited:
30 second fudge

1jar peanut butter
1jar vanilla icing

30seconds in microwave for both and then mix together and put into buttered 8x8 pan.
Simple and Yummy!

Also another simple but yummy one is

Turtles

Mini pretzels
rolo candies
m & m's

Take a mini pretzel and place a rolo on top and fill an entire pan (lined with parchment paper for easier cleaning) up with them then place in the oven at 350 until they begin to melt (3 to 5 minutes) and top with a m & m pushing the melting rolo into the pretzel. Yummy!!

Last edited:
no i have not tried any of those recipes yet i have to figure out what i need and then look in the pantry and see what i have and need to buy by the way any one wnt to send some samples

Peppermint Bark

Melt 2 almond bark packages(or white chocolate morsels) (on stove with double broiler or with microwave)

Crush 1 package of peppermint candy circles or canes--(this is the hardest part---
Unwrapping all those things!)

You can out the candy into 2 ziplocs and crush with hammer, or you can put this into your food processor to grind--Do not grind till it is dust though!!
--Pulse till you have all different sizes of peppermint pieces....

Line a long baking sheet with wax paper ==

Mix the crushed candy pieces and white chocolate together with a spoon---
Pour and spread evenly with a plastic spatula put somewhere to cool and harden---

When hardened (make sure you peel off wax paper) and break by hand into uneven pieces wrap in stacks w/clear bags and ribbon, or put into pretty covered tins to give as gifts --or sale

This doesnt stay around here for long--as it is eaten up quickly!

PS__its great to find the candy canes on sale (for cheap!!) after christmas and serve this for New Years and on cold nights with cocoa or coffee for visitors!

Enjoy!!

Melt mint chocolate, or chocolate mixed with finely grated peppermint altoids..
Dip ritz crackers (or generic brand) in mint chocolate..
They taste just like the girl scout cookies!!
So yummy!!!
smile.png

Here's my rock candy recipe.

Old-fashioned Rock Candy

3 3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 cup water
bottled flavoring oil (3.7 mL) -- I use the LorAnn brand oils. You can find these everywhere.
powdered sugar
food coloring

Kitchen equipment: 1 or 2 metal pans (like a small soup or stock pot), large metal spoon, 3-4 cookie sheets (2 for each batch, preferably with rims or the molten candy will just roll off like a lava flow), sifter (for powdered sugar), pizza cutter or knife (for scoring the candy), glass candy thermometer, tea kettle (for boiling water), potholders/oven mitts

***It's easier to make this with a friend or some older kids nearby to help! There are some steps that smaller (elementary school) kids can help with, too. Attempting this by yourself might be a bit annoying...you'll see why when you read the recipe. A team effort is best.***

This is what I do to set up before cooking:

1. It's best to have a cool place for the candy to harden, and it works faster if you have a place for this to happen outdoors. I usually make the candy during fall and winter, so it's cold outside. I use TV trays or my deck table with some dish towels on them to protect them from the hot cookie sheets (you'll see why during the recipe).

2. Use the sifter to dust a layer of powdered sugar on the cookie sheets. This will prevent the rock candy from sticking to the cookie sheets while it cools, so make sure the surface of the cookie sheets is covered completely with powdered sugar. You'll be able to reuse the powdered sugar for other batches of rock candy, so it's okay to be a little generous. Keep the cookie sheets indoors near where you will be cooking the rock candy.

To make the candy:

1. Combine the granulated sugar, corn syrup, and water in one of the pans. Decide IN ADVANCE which flavor and food coloring you will want to use for this batch and have them ready. (You won't have much time to choose later. ^_~ )

2. Insert the candy thermometer into the candy mixture, attaching it to the rim of the pan. It is extremely important to position the thermometer so that the tip of it is in the cooking mixture but NOT touching the bottom of the pan. If it does, it may break (and it's really hard to find a replacement around the holidays!).

3. Cook the candy mixture, stirring occasionally, over medium to medium high heat until the temperature reaches "hard crack" on the thermometer (300 degrees Fahrenheit). This may take a while (15-20 minutes, possibly, depending on your stove, pans, etc.).

4. Meanwhile, fill the tea kettle with water and get it boiling. (This will be useful for cleaning your candy-coated pan and spoon... The only way to get the candy off will be to melt it off with boiling water).

5. ***This is a part where it's very helpful to have a friend neaby.*** When the candy mixture reaches 300 degrees Fahrenheit, remove the candy thermometer and turn the heat off. Quickly (as the candy will already begin to set up) add the 3.7 mL bottle of flavoring and STIR to incorporate quickly. Also, add as many drops of food coloring as will make the color you desire. ***CAUTION: Some of the flavors are really strong in concentrated form. Stirring them in will cause a nice big cloud of steam to rise from the pan. While your house will smell amazing after, sticking your face directly into a cloud of peppermint- or cinnamon-scented steam is not advised. It won't kill or injure you, but it's VERY INTENSE. ^_^ ***

6. Once the flavor and food coloring is stirred in, pick up the pan and drizzle a layer (about 1/4" thick) of molten candy over the powdered sugar on your cookie sheets. Your friend can grab the spoon and scrape it out while you hold the pan (or vice versa). It is nice to have oven mitts if the pan is really, really hot.

7. Take the cookie sheets outdoors to cool. Meanwhile, dump the boiling water into the pan and stir it around with the spoon to get the molten (now hardening) candy out of your pan. This will take you to the next batch more quickly (especially if you only have one big pan to use for this) because you need to have a clean pan each time (so that the flavors don't mix, etc.).

8. Depending on the temperature outdoors, the candy may harden very, very quickly. It's nice to station kids outside to watch the candy. Yes, they will try to eat it after it feels cool on the outside, but a few mildly burned tongues will tell them they still need to wait. ^_~ They will learn quickly. Have them test it with a butter knife or pizza cutter. If you can leave a line in the candy that doesn't disappear, have them go ahead and cut a sort of checkerboard pattern into the candy with vertical and horizontal lines, marking off bite-size pieces. (The knife and pizza cutter will not actually cut it. You need to do that by hand). This will just make it easier to break.

9. Once the candy has cooled, bring the pans indoors. Begin breaking the candy into pieces along the lines (the lines should make this part really easy). Again, this is something that kids can help with. Have them put the candy into the sifter and shake the excess powdered sugar off before putting it into a big bowl. This will also help eliminate tiny, tiny shards of candy that you wouldn't otherwise eat.

10. When the candy has been broken up and the powdered sugar shaken off, you can reuse the powdered sugar to ready the cookie sheets for the next batch.

This sounds complicated, but it's really not. I've done it with as little as two people (at home) and as many as ten (in a big church kitchen with industrial stove). If you can get a whole bunch of friends together, you can do a candy making party and try lots of different flavors. The work will go faster, too.

The LorAnn oils are out of Ingham County, MI, but you can buy them everywhere, including online. Here's a link for anyone who is curious as to what I'm talking about:

http://www.shopbettys.com/detail.aspx?ID=108

Use one .125 oz. bottle per batch of rock candy (3.7 mL).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom