Any Czechs out there?

thanks for the link...
usually I do not buy anything from these websites since they are totally overpriced. I just have my mom get it for me and ship it to me...
But they are good reference to what I still need to ask for ;-)

Quote:
hey

I just went to dog show and there were police officers with their canine officers. We got to talk to them after the show and it turns out that many police stations purchase their german shepherds from germany and czech republic. They are bred and train for police work and than sold to USA or other countries. They know czech, german and english commands. Czech shepherds tend to be cheaper because germans tend to price them up since they think they are all german dogs period...

My grandmothers parents imigrated to the US from Czech. She never learned to speak english.
She raised 5 kids mostly by herself because her husband died fairly young from what they thought was leukemia.

I'm a Czech by marriage....but that's just the last name - they are actually Polish. My City Boy is 2nd generation American and Ikinda chide him a little because he doesn't know any Polish and doesn't have a SINGLE RECIPE!!!!

Regardless of where our parents/grandparents come from, I think it is important to keep part of the family heritage alive. I'd like my step children to know what certain foods are and traditions.

I'm Scotch Irish & 3rd generation on my mom's side...I know where every pasty store is in the area and lemon curd would run through my blood if I could make it happen.

I'd love if you could share some of your family recipes here...maybe we can all make something for dinner in honor of your family:hugs

Ditto on the recipies
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom