Any fishermen here?

any type of fishing discussions pictures or tips
I have a couple of old pictures, 1 of me with a salmon and 1 of me with a bass, but a bit shy to be posting pics with me in them. Where are yours? ☺️ 🐟

My favorite eating fish is crappy. They take a little talent to catch but that's by place and season. We fish up in northern Wisconsin or Minnesota.

We have a creek that stays open all winter behind our house. It's down a steep hill but hubby made a path down to it that our 4-wheeler can drive down. I'd like to learn how to fly fish for trout as they're in there. Down at the bridge a mile away, there's always at least one person fishing.

Last edited:
I have a couple of old pictures, 1 of me with a salmon and 1 of me with a bass, but a bit shy to be posting pics with me in them. Where are yours?

My favorite eating fish is crappy. They take a little talent to catch but that's by place and season. We fish up in northern Wisconsin or Minnesota.

We have a creek that stays open all winter behind our house. It's down a steep hill but hubby made a path down to it that our 4-wheeler can drive down. I'd like to learn how to fly fish for trout as they're in there. Down at the bridge a mile away, there's always at least one person fishing.
I love fishing for crappie. I will post some pictures when I
get home.

Fiction or non fiction? I have lots of fish stories but they tend to change over time! More and bigger usually. If you like to hear about disasters or days with no fish caught they are more likely to be accurate!
anything You want to tell. If there fiction I would still love to listen to them. disasters would be fun to hear about!

I have a couple of old pictures, 1 of me with a salmon and 1 of me with a bass, but a bit shy to be posting pics with me in them. Where are yours?

If your shy to show Yourself you could crop them to only show the fish if You want to.

A high point for me was about twenty five years ago when I took my three year old grand daughter across the field to my neighbors small pond. She proudly carried her Mickey mouse two or three foot long rod with reel. We caught a grasshopper and put it on a bream hook with a weight and a float on the way across the field. She flung it out about six feet from the bank and immediately got a hit from a large bass! I fought the urge to take the rod from her! I told her to reel and walk back from the bank. She managed to drag the fish to the bank and I helped land the fish by jumping down to the shore and grabbing the bass by the lip. It was 5lbs. and 9 oz.! It was her first fish! That made her an adventurer and outdoors person for life! She volunteered later to go out on the maiden cruise of my homebuilt little sail boat on the Tennessee River, when nobody else would go. That one fish made a difference in her life. She believes me when I say anything is possible to this day!

One more quick story. I was backpacking in the Ozark National Forest about 1970. I took no fishing gear. I ran out of food and money, so I went scavenging the river bank for line and a hook, float or whatever. I cut a stick for a pole about six feet long and attached a length of found nylon staging to it. I had found a rusty treble hook with one hook broken off and struggled to force the thick staging line through the eye of the rusty hook. I then twisted a piece of foil from inside a pack of cigarettes around the shank and pushed on a small bit of Ivory soap from my pack on a hook tip. The river had fly fishermen dressed in all their expensive fishing togs with waders, wicker creels and fly lined pork pie hats casting away and catching nothing. I started jigging that rusty broken hook beside boulders in the stream and immediately started catching fish. As I caught one after another I would yell out, "caught another one " in my youthful exuberance! I had a mess of 5 trout , 3 perch and a sucker fish, when the National park chief ranger came up on me. It seems that the annoyed fly fishermen had complained about me! The ranger knew me from past time when I had volunteered to help with search and rescue efforts after a flash flood the year before. He told me " Tim, I know you are fishing for food and I don't want to know if you have a license or permit" "just , when you see one of these guys fly fishing, you go around the bend where they can't see you" Looking back now , I can see he admired my spunk and liked me from our time together looking into flooded cars for bodies. I still remember what he looked like and appreciated his kindness and understanding, that rose above the letter of the law! Those were the best tasting trout I ever ate!

Back
Top Bottom