Any Fishing Enthusiasts here ?

Pics
We have salt water speckled trout here. They don't get as large as 25 lbs for the most part. The biggist fish I have ever caught was a little over 42 lbs. it was an offshore trip and I only weighed 100 lbs at the time. I thought the jack fish was going to pull me overboard! My adult son had to hold on to me, while the fishing guide kept yelling "don't lose my fishing pole". LOL It truely was a great trip, if you ever get down to this area, it is truely worth the money for an offshore trip. They don't have to be very expensive if you have a few people going with you. It's just fun to catch a big fish that gives you a good fight. Would love to see more pictures if you have them. Will try to find the picture of the fish, almost as big as me and post.

Here is a picture of my splake
20170821_102748.jpg

20170703_132402.jpg
A picture of my brothers goldeye or my grandma gold eye trying to make Winnipeg smoked gold eye this fall. These small fish don't weigh much but can put up a fight for there weight. Some call them tooth hearing or piranha of the prairies lol mainly because they have two rows of teeth.

View attachment 1121047 A picture of my brothers goldeye or my grandma gold eye trying to make Winnipeg smoked gold eye this fall. These small fish don't weigh much but can put up a fight for there weight. Some call them tooth hearing or piranha of the prairies lol mainly because they have two rows of teeth.
Smoked fish, sounds like great eating to me. Can you say fish candy?

Best smoked fish I have ever eaten was in Sacramento in 2003. Still miss it and think and talk about it often with DH. We were there about 8 months and we ate a lot of it. It was sold by a man who smoked it himself at a little stand on a pier. As a life long resident of New Orleans we have eaten some really great food, But Mr. Laslo's thick smoked fish, really took the cake, we still talk about it. And miss it.

Best smoked fish I have ever eaten was in Sacramento in 2003. Still miss it and think and talk about it often with DH. We were there about 8 months and we ate a lot of it. It was sold by a man who smoked it himself at a little stand on a pier. As a life long resident of New Orleans we have eaten some really great food, But Mr. Laslo's thick smoked fish, really took the cake, we still talk about it. And miss it.
what type of fish was it? sounds like it was really good,

great now am craving smoked fish and we have none lol :)

Back
Top Bottom