Any guesses on gender? Buff Brahma and EE

marycontrary14

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 28, 2014
Middle TN
Hi everyone! I'm new to backyard chickens and have a Blue Maran and Bantam Cochin. LOVE my girls! I also have 4 chicks that are around 5-6 weeks old, two EE and two Buff Brahmas. I know it's fairly early to guess gender, but I'm so anxious for opinions! :) Hoping for some girls, but I have my boy suspicion.
hu.gif

All the babies:

EE #1

Buff Brahma #1 (where you can also see the top of EE#2 which I'm pretty sure is a girl.)

EE#2 (Sorry, she wouldn't stop moving) She is lighter than the other EE. No red in her comb.

EE#1

Buff Brahma #1 He/she has been quicker to feather than the other Brahma, but is getting red in his/her comb.

Buff Brahma #2 This one is lots slower getting his/her feathers in. No noticeable red in the comb yet.

EE#1

More of Buff Brahma #1

it's a little late to try this way, but sex them by their tail length both #2s look like females (because they were the only tails I could see well) the females have the larger tails at 2 weeks and the males have the shorter tails

Thank you both! I will post more pictures in two weeks! They are changing so fast at this point. Hoping next time, we will be able too tell for sure! :)

Here they are two weeks later! Now what do you think? They are about 7 weeks old now. :) I will not do their pictures in the same order as my original post only because after homeschooling all day, I don't have the organization in me. :)

Buff Brahma #1. Very slow to feather out. Comb is not terribly pink.

EE #1 I'm pretty sure this one is a pullet. What are your thoughts?

Buff Brahma #2 Quick to feather out. Has a bit of a pinker comb.

EE#2 (In the middle in first pic.) This stinker was a pain to get a picture of! LoL

I would appreciate any thoughts and opinions! :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom