Any guesses on gender?

pennypenny

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 22, 2015
These are our first girls (we hope) and I am anxious to know if luck was on our side. We live in the city and can't have roosters. 2 worry me slightly, but I am trying to stay optimistic until I hear a crow ;)

Here is Elsa our 3 week old Ameracauna (she is our sweetie pie)

Here is Hope our 3 week old Delaware (she concerns me because of her attitude lol)

Here is Rooney our 3 week old Barred Rock (she is our most social and curious)

Here is Nugget our 3 week old Buff Orpington (she concerns me bc of her size and comb)

Savannah or 2 week old Australorp (the baby)

Lila our 3 week old Golden Sex Link (likes to perch and just be left alone)

I hope the pictures are clear enough, they are quick and spunky little things ;)
Can't wait to hear what you all think!

Last edited:
They all look like hens to me! :) the only one I'm not 100 percent shure about is your Delaware. But she really looks way more like a hen. Hope this helps! :D
Also welcome to BYC!!!

Nugget appears to be a cockerel, but the others look like pullets for now.

Nugget is my biggest concern too, and Hope is my other maybe. My middle daughter and Nugget love each other so much so I am really hoping she is just a big early maturing girl, but my gut tells me that is not the case :(

I spotted some wattles this morning while we had Nugget out for morning play/cuddle time. I think our odds are not looking good :( Having six different breeds makes comparing more difficult, but I think we need to start preparing ourselves for the inevitable! (almost 4 week old Buff Orpington)

Back
Top Bottom