Any Guinea Eggs in This Picture?

chris93263

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 22, 2013

I have guineas, Rhode Island Reds, Delaware, American Game Hens, a Partridge Wyandotte, and an Olde English Game Hen. My eggs range in size, so I can't tell which may be guineas.

I am no expert but I think there are at least 2 guinea eggs in your picture....
the guinea egg is 'usually' more rounded on the bottom and pointy at top (by the way your eggs are sitting..) also, most are brownish in color but will also vary by hen...
middle row....r to l....3rd and 4th eggs...light 3rd egg and darker 4th egg look guinea to me...

anyone else think so ??

I know each egg won't be exact in shape but maybe this helps...

Last edited:
Hello:

Really, one can not miss a Guinea egg. They are pretty pointed at one end and the other end is not a round as a chicken egg. They have a pretty hard shell and
are quite a bit smaller than a regular sized chicken hen egg.
I would google guinea egg and look at the pictures for reference.
For such a big bird, Guinea eggs are relatively small and so are the Keets when they hatch out..
One other thing to remember, Guineas lay large clutches in a "community" nest.
If one hen lays by "accident" then you may have one in the coop.
Generally, Guineas avoid nesting boxes.
Hope this helps.
Guinea G.

Thanks for the replies. Temperatures hovered around in the low 70s most of last month, so I was thinking the guineas started laying. I have such a variety of egg sizes that it is hard to determine which is chicken and which is guinea. my partridge Wyandotte and silver duckwing olde English game hen lay tiny eggs. none of my chickens use the nest boxes. all of my eggs are laid on the ground in the coop in a secluded corner. two of them sleep in the nesting boxes and the others, including guineas, sleep on the roof of the dog house in the coop. I guess i'll know when I see one. Should I be getting guinea eggs with this weather, or do the hours of sunlight dictate the laying season?

Back
Top Bottom