Any healthy meal plans?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenbarn-gal, May 6, 2011.

1. chickenbarn-gal

chickenbarn-gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2010
    Michigan
    I am a teenager and I weigh about 100 lb. But I feel that I am getting a little chubby for my perfect & healthy body weight. I am going to florida in the end of June and HAVE to look skinny for that occasion.[​IMG] But I also want to be healthy. [​IMG] Please give me a day to day meal plan for about a month to loose weight. (Or even just to be healthier) Please!

*Weight*
    - 100-

*Height*

*Age*
    Young teenager.
    I won't give my exact age.

*Work out supplies*
    1 treadmill
    & Plenty of outside walking areas.

*Remember*
    My deadline is the end of JUNE.

Thanks [​IMG]

2. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Spaghetti, every night.. is the perfect food. [​IMG]

Now... I hope I am not the last person to say this....

100 lbs at 5'2 is a good weight!
    Remember, you are still growing, your body needs something to grow into.

Wonderful compensation for not looking emaciated... keep covered up!

Eta: No offense intended..

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  3. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    I'd say you're also ideal..

Instead of focusing on a particular weight, work toward fitness and strength goals. Do you exercise or lift weights? If not, start doing some exercises you like. Exercise increases the "feel good me's" (endorphins) in your brain and give you more energy.

4. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    You sound pretty darned healthy! Remember, skeletons are NOT attractive! Just concentrate on eating healthy foods, fruits and veggies, lean protein, get plenty of calcium, and of course, EGGS!

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    We are the same height and 100 lbs is NOT chubby. Watch your water retention and the sale and sugars.

Some foods will make you look "fluffy" try to maintain your weightor add good weight but shed some poufy...

Drink 1 gallon of water throughout the day..religiously

Eat good healthy meals...lower in salt and sugar than you are probably used to...

for example...

1- 6 oz skinless boneless chicken breast grilled or baked...nho frying, no oils and so forth
    1 Cup of steamed green beans
    1 C steamed brown or wild rice
    1/2 of a baked sweet potato

That type of meal will give you plenty of protein, tons of good carbs and light in the fat area but still give your body the fat it needs in a meal. The water is the key. Most people think drinking water bloats you...not true. Your body needs the water to process your food properly and efficiently and it also helps the body burn fat deposits. Also, by feeding your body the proteins and good carbs, walking and so forth, will replace fat deposits with muscle...muscle is smaller than fat, so you can actually weight the same but look completely different. You can also gain muscle weight and lose fat weight and wear smaller clothes and look smaller and leaner. This is NOT a bad thing at all.

An example of a good breakfast....Oatmeal, some strawberries and a piece of fruit.

Also, eat smaller meals more often.... eat the smae amount you normally eat or even more but eat it more often throughout the day. ie: If you eat 2000 calories per day usually in 3 meals, eat that same 2000 calories in 5 meals....eat less more often and force your body to use what you give it. It increaswed metabolism and the body functions more effectively and efficiently.

But..seriously, do not worry about your weight dear, if you want the bikini shape..worry about the distribution of your weight. [​IMG]

6. TammyTX

TammyTX Overrun With Chickens

Feb 16, 2009
    Texas
    I am no expert, but I am 5'2" and at a 100 lbs you sound pretty perfect to me...maybe even too thin depending on your bone structure.

That sample meal sounds great.

Maybe start doing some toning exercises and/or weight lifting. You won't build bulky muscles and it's great for your bones!

7. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:Exactly. That us one if my favorite meals when I am lifting...I also add grilled asparagus and portabellos.

Sorry for the typos ... posted from my phone.

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  8. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    I agree, your weight is fine. In fact, depending on your body type, you may even be a few pounds underweight. I would concentrate on watching your carbohydrates (especially sugar and junk foods), increasing your protein, and working on weight and strength training. This will not bulk you up, but will help you get toned so you look better in that 2 piece.

9. chickenbarn-gal

chickenbarn-gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2010
    Michigan
    Yeah, I should just work out. I probably shouldn't loose anymore weight. I just want to be healthy, (and I don't want to grow up fat) what do you think is better, running on a treadmill, or weights and stuff like that?

10. Gardengirl 2011

Gardengirl 2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    Central Florida
    I have to agree with the others. You don't sound overweight to me either. I'm 5'2 and at 100lbs I would look UNhealthy. Of course you're a teen, so there's a big difference there. A mix of weights and cardio will keep you healthy. I think it's awsome you're thinking of a healthy lifestyle at your age.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by