any help on breeds?

Rookie Raiser

Songster
10 Years
Mar 16, 2013
so my dad got 10 little chicks from a feed store owned by friends of ours and got gold comets, rhode islands, a danish brown leghorn, and 2 other chicks that he did not pay attention to when he got them. and when i ordered my 5 silkies and 5 frizzles they added in 13 rooster chicks which i am trying to identify breed.

the first one is a 4 week old little black chick who appears to be starting to get speckles. what do u think?

the next one is a HUGE chick! by far the biggest one we have. i was thinking a braham

here is a size comparison of her and the black one (note, the res of the chicks are the same size as the black)

and lastly, these are the rooster chicks. i was thinking production reds for them

THANKS!!

so my dad got 10 little chicks from a feed store owned by friends of ours and got gold comets, rhode islands, a danish brown leghorn, and 2 other chicks that he did not pay attention to when he got them. and when i ordered my 5 silkies and 5 frizzles they added in 13 rooster chicks which i am trying to identify breed.

the first one is a 4 week old little black chick who appears to be starting to get speckles. what do u think?

Silver Laced Wyandotte rooster.

the next one is a HUGE chick! by far the biggest one we have. i was thinking a braham

Buff Brahma, not sure on gender.

here is a size comparison of her and the black one (note, the res of the chicks are the same size as the black)

and lastly, these are the rooster chicks. i was thinking production reds for them

Yes, they look like hatchery quality Rhode Island Reds, also known as Production Reds.

THANKS!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom