1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any help telling if my EE is a Roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by samandemsmommy, Aug 6, 2014.

1. samandemsmommy

samandemsmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2014
    Hickory, NC
    This is Fluffy. Fluffy is an Easter Egger and is 3 weeks old. She walks like a dinosaur/ostrich. LOL- constantly has the neck elongated and while the other babies get down and settle in a spot- Fluffy walks around for a bit. Fluffy has some strange needle like feathers emerging also- none of the other EE's have that. Any thoughts on Fluffy being a Roo?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG](Fluffy on the far left)

[​IMG]

2. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

The comb is usually the best indicator at that age, you might want to post some closeups focusing on that area. Any idea what is in the mix? With some combinations, there could be some auto-sexing traits at play. For instance, the barred ones could be roos.

3. samandemsmommy

samandemsmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2014
    Hickory, NC
    No idea what mix...I keep trying to look at the comb, but there is hardly anything there--- I will see if I can get a picture this evening. My Buff Orpington's comb has shot up and the EE's combs are all so little.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by