Any help would be amazing!!!!!

I found another website with other ways to clear it up and it seems to be working I put 1 tsp of Epsom salt in with 1 cup of water and I give her 1 ml at different times of the day 3 times
her crop seems to be getting better

the feet arent that red it'sView attachment 2773554 just the filter thingy it Is more like this

Your hen may very well have crop issues, but she's also got something going on with her feet.

In the photo from your post #10, all 3 toes on the bottom of right foot appear swollen and dark blue/black on the bottom toe tips. The front and outer toes being the worst. (The middle toenail appears completely black.) The right foot pad also appears darkened. The left toes also appear swollen and dark, even though your photo only shows the left foot from the top. In the photo from your post #24, the feet look very swollen in addition to being extremely red.

I have ISA Brown hens, & their shanks are yellow in color, and petite in size.
20201227_115032.jpg

And while i'm by no means an expert on frostbite after just one (very severe) recent case, your hen's feet look similiar to what ive recently dealt with. (Although currently your hen's feet dont look nearly as bad.)

You mentioned thinking your hen had "ice on her comb, before realizing it was yogurt.". Has it been below freezing Anytime recently? Could your hen's feet have gotten wet in very cold water? Could she have roosted/stood on cold metal?

@Eggcessive , i know you are very knowledgeable about frostbite. And others that have posted here may be too. Could yall please have another look at the op's hen's feet? Especially the photos in post #10 and post #24.

Your hen may very well have crop issues, but she's also got something going on with her feet.

In the photo from your post #10, all 3 toes on the bottom of right foot appear swollen and dark blue/black on the bottom toe tips. The front and outer toes being the worst. (The middle toenail appears completely black.) The right foot pad also appears darkened. The left toes also appear swollen and dark, even though your photo only shows the left foot from the top. In the photo from your post #24, the feet look very swollen in addition to being extremely red.

I have ISA Brown hens, & their shanks are yellow in color, and petite in size.
View attachment 2775909

And while i'm by no means an expert on frostbite after just one (very severe) recent case, your hen's feet look similiar to what ive recently dealt with. (Although currently your hen's feet dont look nearly as bad.)

You mentioned thinking your hen had "ice on her comb, before realizing it was yogurt.". Has it been below freezing Anytime recently? Could your hen's feet have gotten wet in very cold water? Could she have roosted/stood on cold metal?

@Eggcessive , i know you are very knowledgeable about frostbite. And others that have posted here may be too. Could yall please have another look at the op's hen's feet? Especially the photos in post #10 and post #24.
it hasn't been below freezing however it got to 4 degrees a couple of months back when I did my original post "red feet" that is when I noticed her feet were red I thought the issue was resolved but I think not now but it has been the coldest I have ever experienced lately especially since I live in Australia, Queensland, Brisbane 4 has been the lowest temp and my chickens aren't used to the cold however the others do not have red feet. We have wooden roosting bars the red comes and goes during the day It comes mostly in the mornings when it is coldest they were extremely red yesterday however I didn't take much notice of her feet this morning but what should I do?

P.s the feet are probably just dirty particularly the middle toe that is just dirt

Back
Top Bottom