Any help would be appreciated

Kfczingerbox

Hatching
Jul 12, 2021
3 days ago it was completely fine, yesterday it had a limp and today it can't walk properly, hit sits with his wings out and head on the ground most of the time, any ideas? Or advice, it's still eating

Attachments

• received_333218918275528_1.gif
    received_333218918275528_1.gif
    4 MB · Views: 9
They needs gamebird or turkey feed. seeds and vegetables are not a complete diet for chicks, they should be a treats only. Definitely stop feeding them vegetable, that could be what is causing the watery poo
Okay we can definitely do that, but what do we do about it not being able to walk properly?

Yes go to game bird feed. It has higher protein. The feed will give him proper nutrients. He/she many have a nutrition deficiency. Will then let you help them walk? I had a chick with this problem but she would lean on her food and water. She figured it out without me helping.

Okay we can definitely do that, but what do we do about it not being able to walk properly?
Can you get Nutri drench or something similar to put in their water? It might be caused by a deficiency like Show sebright says, I don’t really know what to do about the walking. Also I forgot to say they need grit too be able to digest things like seeds, they don’t need grit to digest things like the gamebird or turkey feed

I agree with everyone else, it definitely needs the proper feed. When you lift it and touch the leg, does it seem to hurt? Can the chick open and close its toes? Try gently bending the hock (knee) and the hip, see if it seems to hurt when you do that. Does the leg seem stiff like it’s being held in, or floppy?

Back
Top Bottom