Any idea on age or breed of these goslings?

So Absolutely Precious!!! I was shocked on my bus Route this morning. I saw a Canadian Goose and her Mate have their brand new babies walking in an frost covered field it looked like for the first time. There were at least 15 with them. It was 28 F! They were soooooo little!!! Then this after noon I saw what looked like the same two with only 5 babies!!! The rest of the Geese were farther away and these were around the same spot they were in this morning. I hope nothing got the other 10. I was just shocked they were out in the cold like that but our weather is crazy right now and they were foraging around with their parents eating ice cycles!! Everything was frost covered where they were.
Oh I hope they are OK. I love geese too. I always have ever since I was a little kid. It's funny I was just thinking the other week I should add geese to my homestead and boom. Two little fluff balls end up right in my path. I then bought two others to add in 🙈🙈 is goose math as bad as chicken math because I think it might be

Attachments

• 20230425_114525.jpg
    20230425_114525.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
Oh I hope they are OK. I love geese too. I always have ever since I was a little kid. It's funny I was just thinking the other week I should add geese to my homestead and boom. Two little fluff balls end up right in my path. I then bought two others to add in 🙈🙈 is goose math as bad as chicken math because I think it might be
You blink and next thing you know you have 20 😂

I am actually jealous if you have the property to support them then the more the merrier. I have only had two geese since I only have a half acre fenced and we're in the woods so just can't let them roam around. I'd love to see pics when you can.

I am actually jealous if you have the property to support them then the more the merrier. I have only had two geese since I only have a half acre fenced and we're in the woods so just can't let them roam around. I'd love to see pics when you can.
We have 2.5 acres that they're rotated around with electric fencing and a 9ftx15ft permanent house for them.
Next weekend, we're planning to build a couple more mobile houses. Those will probably be more geared towards the ducks, but we need some more housing before the goslings finish growing.
We're in the process of planning a pond as well, though they currently have numerous kiddy pools.
I'll post photos when I can!

We have 10.5 acres but hard to fence on the side of a mountain and with so many trees so we just did the half-acre around our home. I have ducks and chickens too. they have a lot of room just not enough to have more geese. We lost our gander in 2021 so our female has been sleeping with the ducks and chickens so she won't be alone. She is 11 our gander was 14.

We have 10.5 acres but hard to fence on the side of a mountain and with so many trees so we just did the half-acre around our home. I have ducks and chickens too. they have a lot of room just not enough to have more geese. We lost our gander in 2021 so our female has been sleeping with the ducks and chickens so she won't be alone. She is 11 our gander was 14.
I do wish we had more land, but this is our first home and I'm happy we were able to get as much as we did. Thankfully, ours is hilly but not enough to interfere with fencing or grazing.
Our geese were raised with the ducks and have been living together since they were young.
I'm sorry to hear about your gander. It's always sad to lose one of our feathered friends.
My husband is the one who wanted more geese, and I told him to remember that they could be around for the next 20+ years if we're lucky.

I love that there's so many goose people here! I am in love with my goslings! We have 10 acres fenced and another 15 I'm considering fencing in. Here are my original rescued babies and the second two that I purchased now. They are so big and so intelligent 🥰🥰

Attachments

• 20230531_171746.jpg
    20230531_171746.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom