Any idea what breed/mix of breeds she is??

Looks like a White Rock, but wrong leg color and eggs are a bit light in color. Where did you get her?
She doesn’t have the same body as my white rocks. Or comb, or anything for that matter, except color lol
Where did you get her?
She was sold to me as a white Easter egger at 5 months old. I reached out to the lady that I got her from when they started laying. She told me that she bought them as “ameraucana chicks” from tractor supply.

I bought 4 of them at approx. 5 months old as “Easter Eggers.” Being new to chickens, I just assumed that would be mean they would lay greenish eggs. But so far 3 have started laying and they are all cream colored. So I’m confused as to why they would be labeled that way.

I reached out to the lady that I got them from and she said they were sold as “ameraucanas” from Tractor Supply.
The chicks may have been mis-labeled at Tractor Supply (that happens sometimes.)

Hatcheries tend to say that some Easter Eggers might lay brown eggs. The way their breeding programs usually work, MOST will lay blue or green but a few will not.

Given the green legs and the other traits you mentioned, I think you probably got an unlucky batch of "Easter Eggers" that all lay cream eggs. It seems a bit unlikely that you'd get so many laying those colors, but I can't think of any other good explanation.

The chicks may have been mis-labeled at Tractor Supply (that happens sometimes.)

Hatcheries tend to say that some Easter Eggers might lay brown eggs. The way their breeding programs usually work, MOST will lay blue or green but a few will not.

Given the green legs and the other traits you mentioned, I think you probably got an unlucky batch of "Easter Eggers" that all lay cream eggs. It seems a bit unlikely that you'd get so many laying those colors, but I can't think of any other good explanation.
This is what I was leaning towards, but wanted to see if by chance it was not the case! Lol thank you! ☺️

I bought 4 of them at approx. 5 months old as “Easter Eggers.” Being new to chickens, I just assumed that would be mean they would lay greenish eggs. But so far 3 have started laying and they are all cream colored. So I’m confused as to why they would be labeled that way.

I reached out to the lady that I got them from and she said they were sold as “ameraucanas” from Tractor Supply.

so the mix will probably be a mystery unless someone else has hatched and raised some of their own.
EEs dont always lay green eggs. I have one that lays cream colored eggs like yours.

Back
Top Bottom