Any idea what I might have?

Ady Road Chicks

In the Brooder
10 Years
Dec 15, 2009
Long story...but anywho...I ended up with a dozen plus chickens of unknown origins. Can anyone hazard a guess as to a breed? They are supposed to start laying in October.
45764_119.jpg
45764_120.jpg
This is the only one that looks like this.
45764_124.jpg

I expected mutts and I'm good with that. Just wondered if there may be some charasteristic that someone could identify to narrow down the possibilities. Wondering about what their eggs might be like...size, color, frequency......I hate waiting and not knowing something.

They should be good layers and all brown eggs. In the background there is one with cuckoo pattern, and another looks to have dark brahma in lineage (poor silver penciling). The cuckoo most likely came from a barred rock back a generation or two. So basically the parents, grandparents, were a mixed flock of good to very good layers. Most likely was a Rhode Island red back there too, red leakage to one of the black birds. I'd suspect 6 eggs a week from any one of them, some more, some maybe only 5 eggs a week (the dark bird with silver penciling I'm guessing 5). But it's all guess work.

Mixed mutts are nice looking as there's such diversity and ya never know what will hatch from them.

Back
Top Bottom