any idea what kind of duck this is?

showjumper_girl2002

Songster
8 Years
Jun 20, 2011
Florida
hey all! i have a bunch of chickens and one day when i went out to take care of them this duck was there. when i opened the gate she went right in and just seems to love hanging out with the chickens lol. she can't fly and had a buddy with her. unfortunately her buddy was killed :( after that since she seems so happy with the chickens and appears to be domestic i started keeping her in with them and locking her in the coop at night so she wouldn't meet the same fate as her little friend. anyway, does anyone have any idea what kind of duck she is?

I'd say she's a cuyoga..in the sunlight, you should see some irridecent feathers..greens and purples..and i see some lighter feathers..females develope those as they get older. i don't think she's a cross although she may be

i've never heard of that breed but i don't know a whole lot about the different duck breeds lol. she is a cutie! i've grown to love having her around :) it cracks me up how she hangs out with the chickens, i think she thinks she is a chicken :D she's really calm but if i try to pet her she runs away lol.

Back
Top Bottom