Any idea what this girl is?

lovinlife

Songster
10 Years
Jun 18, 2009
Deep in the heart of Texas
Any ideas? She was sent to me as a newborn chick from Welp and was supposed to be a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte. Obviously, she is not. She has a different body shape than my other Wyandottes, so I'm questioning what she is.

BLW7a.jpg

She kinda looks like a red/gold sex-link. Typically it is the males that have more white than red, usually the girls are much more red/gold color with some white... but I could be totally wrong. Anyway, that is what it looks like to me. How old is this chick?

My knowledge of chickens are as follows: If it lays eggs, it is a hen. If it crows, it is a rooster. With that being said, I have just gotten 16 "amber sex-links", they all look very similar to yours. I am going to be following this link to see what you find out! If I can figure out how to post a photo, I will post pics of some of mine, so maybe together, we can find out what they are! However, with my luck, mine will be something completely different, cause sometimes I think that just because they have like the same colors, that they are the same breed! lol

Back
Top Bottom