Any idea what type of goat this is?

EmmyGirl

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 2, 2008
Skippack, PA
hmm.png
We just adopted two 1-year-old girls... Their original owner said they were two little Pygmy girls she purchased last year from a farm in Lancaster. The brown/white (Matty) is almost twice the size of Misty (but still only about 3' tall). My guess is that maybe she was a Boer mix? I'm not sure how big a Boer would be at 1-yr old. She's definitely the alpha--full of sass and vinegar. Thanks for any insights!!

13981_101_0034.jpg
[/img]

Your brown and white does look like she's about 1/2 boer, maybe the other half is Nigi. The solid white isn't a Pygmy color, so she's probably a Nigerian or cross thereof. I can't see her well enough to know for sure.

They are adorable! Flights of Fancy, if she ever comes online here...has a Boer/ND cross out of one of my does and it sounds like the personalities are identical haha.

Thanks! In the 4 days we've had her she's learned to chew on my ponytail when I'm not paying attention and loves the reaction she gets when she head butts me. The little gray Pygmy 'Misty' couldn't be any sweeter and is still a little spooky. She's more of a dappled-gray look--she's got some black points and her coat is more salt and pepper--I don't think it comes thru very well on my little cheapie camera...
big_smile.png

13981_101_0038.jpg
[/img]

Last edited:
Yep I agree with Helmsted on the breeds and if your letting them butt you it will hurt soon...hopefully she is just butting your leg and not your head. The little white 1 looks Nigi/Pyg maybe and they both are a mix. Mine chew my ponytail also but I dont let them butt me or scratch their horns on my legs. Sooner or latter it will hurt...dont ask me how I know this. Good luck with your new girls they sure are pretty.

Thanks! Yes, the head-butts have only been the "behind-the-knees" type but it's already getting old (although I do admit I laugh--right now it's still a novelty). There's a new alpha doe in town as of today and it's ME!!! I'd hate to have her become a bully. She's pure clown.
So it sounds like I adopted a couple of lovable mutts! That's OK by me!!!

Back
Top Bottom