Any idea where I can find this?

Sandbellie

Songster
10 Years
Dec 21, 2009
New Hampshire
I'm trying to build (or buy) a decent sized and affordable chicken coop.

And I want one with the little out side pen underneath the house, with the ramp that goes up to the house.

Like this
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=353215&p=1

Anything around this idea would be great.

I'm looking for a plan, or a store where I can buy it. The cheapest, affordable one, is the best.
Thanks
clap.gif

I'd try your local CL and your feed store. Also, call a few handymen (who also advertise their services on CL) to describe what you want and see if they can give you a quote and a time frame you can live with. Good luck.

That's the playhouse chicken coop design, I believe. Check out the small coops section of the coop designs link at the top of any of the forum pages. Here's a link to the small coops section.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/chicken-coop-small.html

In addition to the diagram on his coop page, I know he also sells plans for that coop, plus a larger version. They used to be sold on e-bay, but I think Dennis also has a web site now, too. Plus, many of the people that have built that coop or similar styles, have a lot of pictures of the construction on their coop pages, that's helpful to look at.

I just set 4 corners with 4x4 posts and lay a brick beside the post nail a 2x4 to the post at brick high put a top plate on top a few 2x4 studs and plywood the walls but mine are all 6x8 or 8x8 and are walk in units with dirt floors , roost in back and a hanging feeder in the open aera , If I don't scroubge any materials they cost me about 85 to 110 to build ,, have 5 of them ,leave 2 posts taller than the other 2 so the tin roof will have enough slope to drain ( 4 to 6 inches ) but keep in mind we had frost here only 4 or 5 times last winter and we have snow about 1 time every 20 to 30 years.

We built a little larger style of the playhouse coop.

We didn't use plans, but I've seen these available on ebay for $35 (and I think I've seen something on youtube, too) so do a search:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Chicken-Coop-Pl...ltDomain_0&hash=item414f752fbb#ht_2292wt_1139

This coop is fully insulated. It is larger -- 4x4 with an 8x4 run. The corner posts are 4x4 with everything else 2x4 construction. There is a window on the opposite wall from the door and the vents are on the back and under the run roof as well as on the ridgecap. It is incredibly heavy so not realistic to use as a tractor.
IMG_3907.jpg

If you do a search for "playhouse" in the blue bar above, you will find more examples of this style of chicken coop. I've seen some really lovely coops lately.

CityChook, I really like the improvements you've made to that design. I always thought the coop portion was a bit cramped. With the extra room you've added, I bet it's much easier to arrange the inside. That's a fantastic outside access door you put in, too. It must work well for tending and cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom