Any ideas on Breed? 2 week old chicks from a "Lucky Dip"

BaxterCoop

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 7, 2012
Co. Roscommon, Ireland
Hiya Guys!
Any thoughts on what breeds these little cuties are? They came in a random batch of eggs from a breeder with several different breeds. She freely admitted she had no idea which eggs were which as her husband sorts all the hatching eggs and he was away for a few days. She thought there would be Brahmas and JGs but other than that...?

Fairly certain these are Brahmas, leg feathers just on outside of legs
big_smile.png
But what type?

I have no idea what these 2 could be, wing feathers at 1 day show big one is male and other is female. It has been suggested maybe Partridge Rocks? Have dark legs and yellow feet so first thought was JG but color is wrong (obviously)

Think these may be Barred Rocks, can just see white wing feathers...

I am hoping that these guys turn out to be JGs, please, please, please
fl.gif

If you wonderful people out there have any thoughts I would love to hear them. Thanks soooooooo much
big_smile.png

big_smile.png
But what type?i think dark brahmas

I have no idea what these 2 could be, wing feathers at 1 day show big one is male and other is female. It has been suggested maybe Partridge Rocks? Have dark legs and yellow feet so first thought was JG but color is wrong (obviously)

Think these may be Barred Rocks, can just see white wing feathers...not barred rocks look like australorps

these also look like australorps jersey giants have yellow feet bottoms

Thanks ramirezframing! The ones I thought might be JGs do have yellow soles of the feet, hence my guess. Any ideas on the brown guys? I have absolutely no idea and after looking at pics of Partridge Rock chicks I don't think they are...
idunno.gif

Umm, the brahmas look like dark brahmas. I agree, the black chicks look like Aussies to me. I cant really tell what the rest are. They are beautiful, though!

big_smile.png
But what type?i think dark brahmas

Think these may be Barred Rocks, can just see white wing feathers...not barred rocks look like australorps

these also look like australorps jersey giants have yellow feet bottoms

A quick update. We unfortunately lost most of this hatching during a very sudden cold snap last October. Never did get to find out what the black with white wing tips were, one beautiful brahma hen survived dark and she is now living happily with my friend who has a few brahmas.
3 black ones survived, all black orps, 1 cockerel 2 hens. The cockerel had a dislocation, possibly from hatch that didn't show until it got heavier and had to be put to sleep and one died from a possible respiratory infection. The other one lives with us, we are just looking for a fella for her.
The odd brown and black chick turned into a black/buff orp cross, very unexpected as all eggs were supposed to be pure breed
idunno.gif
, she's great mates with the black orp. It was an experience but I don't think I'll go with the luck dip method again
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom