Any ideas on the new guys...

honeyb711

Chirping
Jun 30, 2016
QLD Australia
We have come to take in 2 new chickens today...earlier than planned, but hopefully we can give them a home. We were told they are both Sussex, one being a light sussex, the other im not sure...columbian or coronation maybe?! Ages are only approximates, they could be a week out either way.

Last edited:

donrae

Hopelessly Addicted
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Jun 18, 2010
Southern Oregon
The first is a Light Sussex. If I'm not mistaken, the second bird is a Coronation Sussex. They were all the rage a few years ago, but I've not seen many of them around on here lately.

And they're both pullets
smile.png

honeyb711

Chirping
Jun 30, 2016
QLD Australia
The first is a Light Sussex. If I'm not mistaken, the second bird is a Coronation Sussex. They were all the rage a few years ago, but I've not seen many of them around on here lately. 

And they're both pullets :)

Thanks. Hubby couldnt remember exactly what she said. They were unsexed though & i just hoped we would get lucky.

I absolutely love the grey/white. She is just beautiful.

honeyb711

Chirping
Jun 30, 2016
QLD Australia
Ive named her Chelsea. The light sussex ive named Delilah. They are both very pretty birds. Im really hopeful you are right & they are both pullets.

Approximately what age would they start laying?

Last edited:

donrae

Hopelessly Addicted
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Jun 18, 2010
Southern Oregon
Usually 20-22 weeks for those ladies. Should be light brown eggs that start pretty small and get larger over about two months.

honeyb711

Chirping
Jun 30, 2016
QLD Australia
Usually 20-22 weeks for those ladies. Should be light brown eggs that start pretty small and get larger over about two months. 

Thanks Donrae. I done plenty of reading last night & read they can be quiet late layers. This doesnt phase me too much though, they are so pretty to just to watch.

Top Bottom