Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Melbug18

In the Brooder
Nov 15, 2020
My hen is acting like she doesn't feel good, physical exam found this. No other hen's have it. No signs that it's bumble foot, and it doesn't look like other pictures of scaley mites. It's in her toe and pad of her right foot. Any ideas?
20201114_122821.jpg
20201114_122806.jpg
20201114_122759.jpg
20201114_122749.jpg

Wouldn't hurt to give her a pedicure (foot soak) and a rough scrub with a dry rag to get a better look at that and afterward slather her legs and feet with a bit of cooking oil to moisturize her skin & suffocate any possible scaly leg mites (even though it doesn't look like mites to me). My knee-jerk reaction to the photo was 'she stubbed her toe?', second guess was 'she got a splinter?' Both could be way off the target, but they were my best guesses. Photo #2 looks like perhaps puncture wound (thorns perhaps?)

Wouldn't hurt to give her a pedicure (foot soak) and a rough scrub with a dry rag to get a better look at that and afterward slather her legs and feet with a bit of cooking oil to moisturize her skin & suffocate any possible scaly leg mites (even though it doesn't look like mites to me). My knee-jerk reaction to the photo was 'she stubbed her toe?', second guess was 'she got a splinter?' Both could be way off the target, but they were my best guesses. Photo #2 looks like perhaps puncture wound (thorns perhaps?)
I've had it wrapped up for a couple days with antibiotic ointment slathered on. So it's nice and soft now, but still no apparent wound-like areas. The thing that's strange is the very back of the pad of her foot it doing the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom