ANY IDEAS WHAT BREED

ByrdFeathers

Songster
Jan 8, 2018
Bruce, FL
16C9110F-FA84-4940-B1DF-59C9D4EA1273.jpeg
BF8A3C9D-2064-423A-A306-9ED01125C6F8.jpeg
2AA964FD-9232-4355-86D6-680E6517F9BC.jpeg
They were labeled at silver Laced Wyandottes which I am certain they are not.

I have no idea what they are.
Did you buy these birds?
If you did, how long have you had them and did you already add them to your existing flock?

In the photo, one bird has what looks like bubbles in the eye, do any of the others have that?
IF you have not purchased them, I would pass them up.

View attachment 1599539
X2
Could be Australorps or Orpingtons though.

I have no idea what they are.
Did you buy these birds?
If you did, how long have you had them and did you already add them to your existing flock?

In the photo, one bird has what looks like bubbles in the eye, do any of the others have that?
IF you have not purchased them, I would pass them up
View attachment 1599539

I have had them about 2 months they were 1week or so at time I purchased. Thanks for pointing that out I had no idea. That appears to be only one with that. I may just cull it from flock and watch them closely. They are in with others I bought or have hatched out about the same time. Any suggestions on a way to treat them all with culling her.

I have had them about 2 months they were 1week or so at time I purchased. Thanks for pointing that out I had no idea. That appears to be only one with that. I may just cull it from flock and watch them closely. They are in with others I bought or have hatched out about the same time. Any suggestions on a way to treat them all with culling her.
If you can get a closer photo of the eye that would be good.
In general when I see bubbles in the eye I think Mycoplasma, but look to see if there is a possibility that she was pecked or has any scab surrounding the eye to suggest the cause is injury. Listen to her and watch to see if she is wheezing, sneezing, coughing, etc.

If she is the only one, then you would treat just her, but keep in mind that if that is a respiratory illness like Mycoplasma, then the others have already been exposed. Birds are considered carriers of these diseases regardless if they ever show symptoms or not.

If the eye doesn't clear up with flushing for several days with saline and the application of an ophthalmic ointment like Terramycin, then you can try injectable Tylan50 to see if that makes a difference. Dosage is .25ml per pound of weight given orally 2-3 times a day for 5 days.

If you can get a closer photo of the eye that would be good.
In general when I see bubbles in the eye I think Mycoplasma, but look to see if there is a possibility that she was pecked or has any scab surrounding the eye to suggest the cause is injury. Listen to her and watch to see if she is wheezing, sneezing, coughing, etc.

If she is the only one, then you would treat just her, but keep in mind that if that is a respiratory illness like Mycoplasma, then the others have already been exposed. Birds are considered carriers of these diseases regardless if they ever show symptoms or not.

If the eye doesn't clear up with flushing for several days with saline and the application of an ophthalmic ointment like Terramycin, then you can try injectable Tylan50 to see if that makes a difference. Dosage is .25ml per pound of weight given orally 2-3 times a day for 5 days.
:goodpost:

Back
Top Bottom