Any kind words?

feather13

Songster
8 Years
Sep 4, 2012
southern california
Aw... Muffin sounds so sweet. We've had plenty of chicks who didn't make it past the first month. It's heartbreaking, but Muffin's health issues aren't your fault or your mom's. Muffin had as good a life as possible, was lucky to be able to live outside, and to have had as much love as she did during her short life. Wishing your mom peace on her birthday.

lovesfarms

Songster
Sep 6, 2016
It is better to love and lose then never to have loved! Think of the many people who would have killed her thinking she will only suffer... You have her the most beautiful life albeit short life! You gave her a fighting chance, enabled her to live to her full potential plus comfort! Kudos to you! Tell your mother, if their is an animal Heaven she is their waiting for you- that's where Good takes his special ones!

Mar 25, 2020
a house, with a roof.
Poor Muffin just passed. My mother is insisting on a family funeral.😞
I’m so sorry, at least she had a great life.
In my experience, if you are going to bury her I find it works well to put rocks overtop to deter animals from trying to eat her poor body. A layer of hardware cloth over her may also help. Nothing is worse then waking up to see the dead body of a pet or just a close farm animal being eaten by some crows.

Last edited:

Crestcrazy2

Songster
Apr 29, 2020
Missuori
I’m so sorry, at least she had a great life.
In my experience, if you are going to bury her I find it works well to put rocks overtop to deter animals from trying to eat her poor body. A layer of hardware cloth over her may also help. Nothing is worse then waking up to see the dead body’s of a pet being eaten by some crows.
Yes thanks for saying this as it's a very good practice ! I had a cat named Simon and we had to put him down and we buried him but the next day the dogs had his body 😭

Top Bottom