ANY OF YOU GROW BERRIES?

Apr 13, 2021
Australia
Thinking of putting in a few berries on me land, blue berries you know, but im cluless as whats the best way to go about it an grow em. Im thinking at least two long lines of blue berries, sell em out front possibly. R Blue berries easier then rasph berries not doing black as they go everwhere.

Given my failure to get other berries to grow (I finally gave up on my pathetic attempt at a strawberry bed and am starting over with Earliglows), I'm not upset that the blackberries spread.

I got them from someone else who let me dig up as many as I wanted because they had taken over his yard. I knew what I was getting into to. But, yes, they are quite aggressive.

I cut all the blackberry canes that have produced berries, off at ground level. I trim any wild growing, spindly canes. Before they touch the ground and root themselves. Then in the fall I trim all of the canes down to about two feet tall. It is a lot of work, but they don’t spread everywhere. Plus they stay in top production.

Thinking of putting in a few berries on me land, blue berries you know, but im cluless as whats the best way to go about it an grow em. Im thinking at least two long lines of blue berries, sell em out front possibly. R Blue berries easier then rasph berries not doing black as they go everwhere.
I grow blueberries. What we did when we put them in was first put fertilizer mixed with dirt in the hole, then a layer of dirt, then the plant it's self. Then buried it and gave it a good watering. We put fencing around it to protect it from rabbits until it was big enough. It gets fertilizer once or twice a yr now. We also grow strawberries in pots.

I wouldn’t say I grow berries, as that gives me too much credit. However, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries grow on my property. I’m working on adding strawberries, but only got one or two decent berries last year. The plants made it through winter OK, so we shall see what happens this year.

Back
Top Bottom