ANY OF YOU GROW BERRIES?

I just planted two blueberry plants last week. I read a lot about them. They like soil with about 4.5-5.5 acid level. They don't do well when planted by tomatoes or peppers but like being planted by strawberries. It's best to pinch off any flowers that bud the first year, to give the plant more energy for root growth. And they need lots of sun, lots

So plants really depend on where you are located. I am in zone 9a. If I put blueberries in full sun here, it will scorch them. I have a good amount of experience scorching them and killing them. If they get afternoon shade here, they thrive here. In a different zone they may do great in full sun. The big thing is to look at your zone and see how well they will grow there and if you will need to grow things differently.

You wont get rid of black berries once you've got em even if you rip em out, at least where Im from. The seeds go in the dirt over n over again.
I live in blackberry heaven. The Himalayans are invasive & pervasive, but this year I discovered that my pigs love them! They even dig them up to eat the roots.

I grow raspberries, marionberries, hardy kiwis, blueberries,strawberries, and tayberries. Keep them watered and they are easy. The hardest part is detangling & tying them to the trellis in the spring.

Weird i cant plant them my chickens eat the entire plant lol i have grapes that are always moldy my blue berries plants where eaten by a dog. My strawberries get eaten by slugs
Do you have ducks? Ducks were my mom's go-to slug killers. Weird what dogs like- my LGD loves to pick peapods and cucumbers. My terriers eat orange slices.:p

Back
Top Bottom