Any one belong to a Quilt Guild?

ginbart

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Bloomsburg, PA
We are doing a Quilt in a box. It’s where we went out and bought five different kinds of fabric and put them in a box. We have a light, medium, dark, background, and accent fabric.

We had our meeting tonight and exchanged boxes. I will take my pattern I picked out and use someone else’s box I received tonight and make a 12” block. We exchange boxes every month. So I will have at the end of eight months eight different people’s boxes. We will bring in all the blocks we made at the end of 8 months and give them back to the people the fabric belongs to. I can’t wait to see the different blocks I will get. I think it will be interesting.

Does anyone else do anything like that? Or belone to a Guild?

No, I don't but I would love to take sewing classes or quilting classes. We live about 25 miles away from the town where they have classes, so I am just going to wait until we move and hope there are some closer.

The project your guild is doing sounds great!! It would definitely be something I would love to do. Oh, if there were only more hours in the day............

It's a good thing we only meet once a month. It cost me over seventy dollors for the materal. But I should have something nice when we are all done. I better get started on my first block.

Back
Top Bottom