Any one cross a red broielr (freedom ranger) with a white broiler???

Almost.

I'm moving my Delaware hens in with my ranger rooster this week. My Delawares are
from Whitmore Farms which has great Delawares. This will produce red sex-links.

I am currently raising 6 CX roosters on a starvation diet. I'm hoping to breed them
with some 2nd generation ranger hens. This is still about 2 months away at least.

I have breed my ranger rooster over barred rocks. The black sex-link roosters are
pretty thick looking. These are still growing so the results are still unknown but they
are looking good.

Breeding experiments are fun since you can always just eat the failures.
big_smile.png

Thanks, I would love some photos of the didderent generations so I can compare, I have my Freedom ranges on their way and have 4 cornish cross hens 8 weeks old on a starvation died as well they actually started acting like real chickens about a week in to the starvation, they started to hunt and scratch on their own then got big enough to be with my commets and reds (egg flock). They all seem to be getting along.

Because they both can suffer growth related problems, I've chosen different crosses with my CX. I did see a chick produced by a FR crossed to a half CX that was very, very meaty and fast growing....................... but have no idea of its longevity.

I don't starve my CX pullets, they have limited amounts of commercial feed but all the browze they want. They are now in a dry pen, so get all the grass clippings and vegatable scraps they care to eat, plus a bit of scratch, in addittion to their wet crumbles.

Back
Top Bottom