Any one hatch Brahma eggs?

morganalefae

Head nut at the nut house
6 Years
May 2, 2017
Leicestershire UK
I bought a lot of 6 Brahma eggs off eBay from a lady who has really good feed back and also has a fb page where she posts pictures and videos of the chicks that hatch from her eggs. She said on a card in the very well packed box that Brahma eggs can hatch a week late, also found she gave me 3 free.

My question is do they really hatch a week late? Is there a good temp and humidity for these type of eggs and any tips would be great.

I bought a lot of 6 Brahma eggs off eBay from a lady who has really good feed back and also has a fb page where she posts pictures and videos of the chicks that hatch from her eggs. She said on a card in the very well packed box that Brahma eggs can hatch a week late, also found she gave me 3 free.

My question is do they really hatch a week late? Is there a good temp and humidity for these type of eggs and any tips would be great.

It's typical for people who ship eggs to add extra if they have them. I guess it's their way of giving you more of a chance to hatch the number you ordered as well as makeup for any that got broken during shipping. I've read a lot on this forum about shipped eggs and that if you end up with a 50% hatch rate you have done well. I currently have 6 partridge Brahma eggs (three under a broody hen and 3 in my incubator). They are due on June 1st and they are shipped eggs so I'll know shortly how long they take ;) I haven't heard that Brahma eggs can be a week late...a day or two maybe but not a week. I guess we'll find out soon!;) Good luck with your hatch and if you'd like, you can join us over on the May Hatch-A-Long thread!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/may-hatch-a-long.872350/

Let me know how ur hatch goes lol. I set mine on Sunday morning so if I'm right hatch day would be 11th of June and today would be first day I guess am I right?

Let me know how ur hatch goes lol. I set mine on Sunday morning so if I'm right hatch day would be 11th of June and today would be first day I guess am I right?

Yes...that is what I've read, that you start counting 24 hours after you set them. But I'm sure some other more experienced hatchers will chime in soon! I've owned chickens in the past, but this is my first hatch! I have a second hatch going as well of 12 Isbar's and 13 Easter Eggers, it is due on June 7th (all shipped eggs) I'll let you know how it goes!! Oh...and if you have a smart phone there is a cool app called Hatchabatch that helps you keep track!!

I do have a smart phone thnx for the heads up. I have only owned chickens for a month and I'm hooked I love all six of my girls and I get eggs everyday from them well all but my Cheshire blue she has not started to lay yet. And this is also my first hatch so I'm a lil uh.. fidgety about the temp and humidity not like I was a day ago but every hr I check it. I have a manual turn brinsea eco so more of a hands on type of person with me lol.

I do have a smart phone thnx for the heads up. I have only owned chickens for a month and I'm hooked I love all six of my girls and I get eggs everyday from them well all but my Cheshire blue she has not started to lay yet. And this is also my first hatch so I'm a lil uh.. fidgety about the temp and humidity not like I was a day ago but every hr I check it. I have a manual turn brinsea eco so more of a hands on type of person with me lol.

LOL...the first day I was checking on the temp and humidity every half hour!!! I'm a little OCD;) I've slacked up some but am still monitoring it! I have an auto turner in both incubators...I went that route because I don't have time to turn eggs 4 times a day for 18 days:lol:.

I have hatched Brahma crosses, and they hatch at around 21 days just like any other chicken. Not sure why Brahmas would take another full week... I'd set them and be prepared for them to hatch at 21 days. If it takes 28, at least you're ready for them.

I've just hatched 8 barred Brahmas, 2 hatched at day 22, 4 at day 24 and 2 at day 27!

All healthy and doing great in fact I've just cleaned and disenfected the incubator ready for some new eggs arriving tomorrow! More Brahmas

Yep all eggs were set at the same time, the only thing that may have influenced development that I can think of was the temp in the incubator dropped to 36 deg C twice but only for 3-4 hours.

I must admit I didn't think the last two were going to hatch and over 6 hours they both pipped and hatched!

Back
Top Bottom