any one have a natural spider repellent? safe around birds and fish?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by xchairity_casex, Aug 28, 2011.

1. xchairity_casex

xchairity_casex Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    i live in the basement of our house almost a small apartment and i have all my pets down there 3 fish tanks (including an 80 gallon with extra thick glass) a russian tortiose,my cats and quite a few button quail. before we moved in i cleaned the entire basement and sprayed raid but that was almost a year ago and cant use raid anymore and ive been noticing spiders. i wouldnt mind so much except i sleep down there and my clothes are down there i hate the thought of spiders in my bed or in my clothes! anyone have a natural spider repellent that is safe to use around pets especielly fish and birds?
  2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Ewww, not a spider fan.

Years ago, I had a cat who would save me from any spider found in the house.

Now I have a chicken who comes when I call her name (ok, scream her name when I see a spider).

If you cannot find a spider eater, then the good old squish or vacuum cleaner might be the best natural spider deterant.

Sorry I am no help. [​IMG]
  3. chickens? not yet

chickens? not yet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Kingman, AZ.
    Cover the fish tank, take the birds out for the day, all animals, take them up stairs and spray! I hate spiders!!
  4. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    While I doubt the effectiveness of the item, apparently osage oranges can repel spiders. I saw them for sale at my local supermarket with a huge "NOT EDIBLE" sign and touting the bug repellent facts, including spiders. I think they were called "Hedge Apples" or "Hedge Balls" on the sign.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by