any one have any hatching and incubating tips

I am sure you know the simple things like.... Turn them at LEAST three times a day if you don't have a turner turn until 3 days until hatching day, temp should be at 99.5 degrees Farenheit 37.5 degrees Celsius, 45%-55% humidity until 3 days till hatch raise humidity, and NEVER wash or refrigerate fertile eggs for hatching. But as stated never help a chick hatch. And always be hopeful and if they don't hatch the day they are supposed to give at least 2 more days before giving up. Hope your hatches are wonderful! :D:fl:jumpy
Those are forced air temps. Still air needs to be kept much warmer.

Biggest lesson I learned....do NOT rely on the built in thermometer and hygrometer on your incubator. Almost without exception (and I did say "almost") they are inaccurate and far enough off to blow an entire hatch.

You can go to any pet store or online and find a good quality hygrometer to keep track of the humidity in the incubator. The one I was told to get is just a lizard hygrometer but it was easy to calibrate (instructions for that are online) and it was accurate. A good thermometer is a must as well. Some folks like the digital wireless ones and put the transmitter inside the incubator and others prefer the glass ones.

There is an excellent thread on here, Hands on Hatching and Help, and Sally Sunshine also has a very good one with tons of photos and information. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom