Any other Military Spouses Out there?

ksacres

At Your Service
14 Years
Nov 16, 2007
San Antonio TX
So, my husband is Air Force and he just left Saturday (3/8) for El Paso Texas for training before he gets deployed to Iraq. Anyone else going through this?

My DH retired in 2000 from the AF. I soooo know what you are going through. He was in the storm...and another "skrimmage" thats not talked about. I was so scared...every time the phone would ring. I essentially raised 4 children alone....dureing that time. Its hard...but you can do it. Be strong..have faith...and tell your DH...THANK YOU! If you need to E Mail me, just to talk...pm me and I will give the E mail addy. We are all here for ya!!

Thank you both for your personal sacrifices. Between DH and I we can say the only branch our families haven't touched is the National Guard. My Father was AF, I greww up all over.

My cousins DD is ready for her fourth tour in Iraq. Our DD is leaving for Afghanistan in a few days, DSIL is awaiting orders.

Monica

We are still at his first base, we haven't been moved yet, but it's probably going to happen eventually.

My sister's husband is Army, and they've been moved three times, and he just got back from a deployment.

Air Force wife here.
frow.gif
Husband is stationed in Colorado and our youngest son has severe asthma.....simply cannot handle the elevation there. Sooooooo......for the past 2 1/2 years or so, we have lived here in Arkansas and he is there. He comes home twce a year and sees all the new critters his insane wife has added to the family. Sorry your husband is just leaving. I know it is so hard to be apart. We have found lots of ways to "keep things real" so that most of the time it ALMOST feels like we are together.......ALMOST.
sad.png

Quote:
Gosh, here I was feeling sorry for myself about not seeing him for 9 months or so, and you barely see your DH ever!

The elevation does take some getting used to. My husband and I are both from Indiana, and when I first came out here I did not feel well for a long time! I still get winded going up stairs.

Back
Top Bottom