Any pheasants hang around after you turn them loose - maybe Silver

oldguy

Chirping
12 Years
Apr 11, 2009
A local guy says his silver pheasants sometimes tend to stick around even if they get loose, anybody know other varieties that do likewise?

Thanks

Most pheasants dont stick around although Im sure some do occasionally. Personally I wouldnt take a chance unless I just had an abundance of extras, that I couldnt get rid of.

ETA:
welcome-byc.gif
from TN

Last edited:
Some of our ring-neck crosses want to stay around, but when the wise old fox comes around that i cant catch or shoot they seem to disappear for awhile, however i know he doesn't get them all because they come back for a pen visit and some treats and then they go on there way till the next time..

Of course most that escape are around 10 weeks old and so they become accustomed to there surroundings better than a escaped adult..
wink.png

Charlie

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, i too lose birds to foxes but it's the hawks that are my biggest problem. I just like to watch critters about the place running loose.

For years we have had several road runners about. I see as many as 3 at a time. I didn't turn them loose, they just have been here.

Please be very careful about letting non indigenous species loose. Here in Florida we are battling lizards, fish, and invasive plants that people have released into the wild. We are loosing some of our native wildlife as well as spending millions trying to keep nature’s balance as it was.

Doug

Back
Top Bottom