Any recommendations on best colors to breed to with my 6 Peafowl?

What are you trying to produce? Not many matches in that bunch if you want anything but IB chicks
Thank you for your reply! I am realizing that as well. For one I want to produce quality not quantity, but I would like to reproduce some of the colors I have already like the Violeta and the purple. Which I am now seeing that I need to have other colors in order to do so. Any thought on what other birds I should get or what if anything I can produce with what I have presently. I am learning so please excuse my ignorance. I have only had the peas for around 4 years now and have just started allowing them to breed but, I don't just want to breed anything, so your help is appreciated.

The pairings I recommended are going to utilize what you already have in the best possible way. If you are willing to buy more birds then buy mates of the same color mutation for what you already have. As for patterns, you already have the basic genes to make more White, Pied, and splits-to.

This will help you a lot:
http://www.leggspeafowl.com/basic-genetics.html

The pairings I recommended are going to utilize what you already have in the best possible way. If you are willing to buy more birds then buy mates of the same color mutation for what you already have. As for patterns, you already have the basic genes to make more White, Pied, and splits-to.

This will help you a lot:
http://www.leggspeafowl.com/basic-genetics.html
Perfect! And thank you for the LINK!! I need that! Do you have any Violeta Cocks that carry the white gene as you recommended for the Violeta that you would sell? But I'm in FL. Not sure if you ship them.

Perfect! And thank you for the LINK!! I need that! Do you have any Violeta Cocks that carry the white gene as you recommended for the Violeta that you would sell? But I'm in FL. Not sure if you ship them.
I probably have a Violet split Pied, I am sure I have a Violet BS Pied, both in yearlings so they should breed next year. Yes we ship although it is not cheap to ship. The shipping box we have to use will fit two or three birds. Although chicks would be cheaper to buy and ship with your luck I recommend buying yearlings or older.

I probably have a Violet split Pied, I am sure I have a Violet BS Pied, both in yearlings so they should breed next year. Yes we ship although it is not cheap to ship. The shipping box we have to use will fit two or three birds. Although chicks would be cheaper to buy and ship with your luck I recommend buying yearlings or older.
Ok, great! Not sure if I need to pm you for details or how this goes on this forum if it's allowed.

Back
Top Bottom